Home pre-purchase advice
A professional will visit your future property in Nîmes in person before purchase, in order to help you make the right decision. They will give you their insights determining whether the house or apartment has any potential based on your needs. Our interior designers have been acting as advisors before a real estate purchase since 2006. They help you get some clarity on the feasibility and cost estimate of any renovation or construction works before you make the final call.
Benefits of requesting advice services before a real estate purchase
Consider this advice as a neutral, professional opinion which can be determining when purchasing a house or apartment in the following cases:
- You are planning to purchase an apartment or a house in Nîmes and surroundings (in the Nîmes Area)
- You have already found a property that you like and that fits your budget
- You are considering a French VIR contract (“Vente d’immeuble à rénover”)
- You just want to get that extra push you need to feel confident about your purchase
- You’re wondering if the house or apartment you are considering is the right fit for you, and whether it’s suited for rehabilitation or extension
- You want to get that professional eye from an architect or interior designer before purchase
In any case, it’s worth getting more advice from an certified architect (French DPLG/DE/HMNOP licenses) or interior designer before purchase. They are able to quickly tell you if the house or apartment you are considering has potential for renovation and improvement. They can also give you a rough estimate of architecture costs for better planning on your side.
Your designer or architect will answer any questions you have before making a decision:
- Can this property be improved at all?
- What are the strengths and constraints?
- Is there any room for improvement in terms of layout and brightness?
- What is the estimate budget for any renovation or construction work (custom carpentry, electricity, tiling, wooden floor, extension)?
Owner or tenant of a commercial venue?
Get the advice from a certified architect or interior designer before purchasing a property or signing a lease for a commercial venue in Nîmes. Whether you want to evaluate offices,or a future shop, restaurant or hotel, our interior designers can advise you.
Pre-purchase advice in Nîmes: how it works
- After you visit a property/real estate and before moving forward with an offer, plan another visit with an architect or interior designer in Nîmes and surroundings.
- Based on their expertise and because they’re completely independent from the transaction/owner/broker, such professionals can guide you before you make the final decision.
- As you visit together, the architect shares their point of view on the property and highlights essential points to consider, especially regarding the potential for improvement and any constraints.
- They focus on technical points such as the overall quality of the house/apartement, load-bearing walls, division, energy distribution networks (electricity, water, gas).
- They will list potential works that can be pursued to improve natural lighting, optimise space, and redistribute rooms.
- At the end of the visit, you will get a first estimation regarding the costs of recommended renovation works. Consider this as an estimate range for your information only and to evaluate your budget, rather than a specific quote from a building contractor. Prices can vary.
Pre-purchase real estate advice services fees VAT excl.
Visit and advice from an architect or interior designer
This service can also be used as a starting point for a future renovation mission, interior design or architecture project. If you actually purchase the property, the architect or designer can work on specifications for future works based on everything you discussed together during the visit, both from a style and a technical standpoint.